We offer full business brokerage services and transaction expertise and focus on selling businesses in Canada. We are a Vancouver based firm that likes to get to know each client and their business firsthand. We specialize in helping in the change over of business ownership and are experienced in structuring the sale of businesses. Our role is to (1) value a business, (2) market that business, (3) help in negotiating the terms and (4) advise and guide buyers and sellers through due diligence and business transfer.
We are a success-driven company that gets compensated only when the transaction successfully concludes.
The individuals at Reliant Commercial Inc. work closely with clients. We prepare all the marketing material needed to sell a business in a format that stands up to the scrutiny of the most thorough buyer and allows them and their advisors to make an informed decision. On the marketing side we have many pre-qualified buyers looking for the right opportunity. We also provide value-added services, beyond finding a buyer: we show clients how business valuations are done, give advice and assistance in the negotiation stage and provide access to all related professional and financing services required (by the buyer) to complete the transaction.
In the next 10-15 years it is estimated that 70 percent of private companies in North America will change hands or close. British Columbia has the highest number of small businesses in Canada (and account for 98% of all businesses). In Canada half the owners of private businesses are set to retire in the next decade which means that over 300,000 owners plan to transfer control.
Proper planning to successfully exit a business can deliver tremendous value. If you are considering selling your business, professional advice is certainly useful.
Which businesses will sell in 2015?
Businesses which sell typically have the same traits, they:
• Operate in a niche market with some barriers to entry.
• Have consistent recurring revenue.
• Good profit margins.
• Demonstrate growth and also opportunities to expand.
2014 was a good year for Reliant Commercial Inc. and we are optimistic about 2015 because:
1. The BC economy is in good shape and with confidence growing amongst business owners looking to expand their businesses, acquisitions represent an immediate means of achieving growth.
2. Businesses that have been doing well and are able to provide confidence to buyers of their sustainability are now in a good position to sell.
3. There are numerous active buyers looking to acquire businesses. These buyers rely less on bank lending and are looking for good investment returns.
4. There is increasing demand from international buyers for businesses because of the positive outlook for BC and the attractiveness of Canada in general.
At Reliant Commercial, we are always willing to offer advice on the various issues related to selling a business.
Feel free to contact Christopher Juras on 604.786.2046.